The CurrentCost web space is now up and running

Standard

Now all I gotta do is build something….

In Getting CurrentCost to talk to the web: planning, I provided an outline of some of my thoughts with regard to building an application and website/web services for connecting my CurrentCost to the web. I took another step in realising that goal today by taking out a hosting package.

It’s been over a week since I ordered my CurrentCost and it still hasn’t arrived yet; but I have already started building the serial library necessary to extract the XML packet from the unit on a regular basis.

For those of you who haven’t been following, I’m going to build a small Windows Service to read the data from the CurrentCost, and push it to my web service. From there, I’ll start with a simple web front end with some graphing capabilities as well as some data archive/retrieval stuff. And we’ll go from there… 🙂

I’m designing it with scalability in mind, from a multiple user/multiple device point of view, so if anyone’s interested in trying it out/helping me to develop it please get in touch.

Thanks… more to follow soon.

Advertisements